We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please click my disclosure policy to learn more
- What Is The Heights Platform?
Simply put, Heights is an online platform that allows people to build and sell online courses and digital products.
“…is the all-in-one course creation software, built to help you sell digital products and content through your own branded online courses, on your own domain. We are the first platform designed to help students achieve results by transforming what they learn into action through project-based learning. Heights Platform helps coaches, consultants, entrepreneurs, and digital marketers create online courses and complete learning platforms to monetize knowledge, without giving away a percentage of their earnings.”
- Where Can I Make My Purchase & What’s The Investment?
This course platform can currently be found on a truly* one-time deal starting at just $79 (Normally ~$1000/year).
*Heights creator Bryan has already noted that this deal will NEVER be available on Appsumo AGAIN.
Grab Your Heights Platform Deal Here.
One code will provide you, 100-course students. When you “stack” more codes, you’ll unlock approximately 400-500 additional students with each additional code. If, for some reason, you find your brand going viral, growing, etc., and you have an influx of students, fret not! You’ll have the ability to purchase an “add-on” (which can always be downgraded or canceled at any time) for about $19/month for each bundle of 500 additional students needed. We never “lose” our lifetime Appsumo status. Phew. This makes it an incredible offer and a real steal. This deal (and company) are truly set to help us succeed in the most cost-effective way possible!
- How Does Heights Compare To Other Platforms (Like Teachable, Podia & Thinkific)?
Unlike other course platforms online, Heights Platform “aims to help facilitate results for your students, because your long-term success depends on that of your students.” Heights has many unique features to help keep our students engaged. Their platform encourages them to demonstrate what they’ve learned by putting it into action and gaining peer feedback. Most, if not all other course platforms simply aren’t as robust as Heights. They can’t do EVERYTHING in one place and what winds up happening is creators attempt to close this gap by offering a “private fb community” >cue eye roll< This is SO much better than that. #ohandyouwontbedatastalked Keep reading so you can discover alllll the cool features Heights has to offer that makes them a truly one of kind platform.
- How Can I Make $$$$ With This Platform?
- Create a digital product
If you created an ebook, journal or digital printable of ANY kind, and priced this at say- $9 (looking at a lowww bare minimum) and made only 1 sale a day…You’re looking at over $3,000/year of a nearly passive income. You’d theoretically make your investment hundreds of times over! (Disclaimer: I’m providing these examples solely for illustrative purposes. The examples do not guarantee you will make profits of any said amounts, if anything at all.)
- Create a course
Same idea here. Let’s look at another figure. If you created a course and decided to charge just $49 for it and made just 1 sale a day, you’re looking at over $17,000/year. Again, making this deal a TOTAL no brainer.
- Accept payments via PayPal or stripe
NOTE: If you don’t want to use Stripe or Paypal*
You, too, can still collect payments via whatever third party checkout system you’re using via Zapier. Yesss!!!!
- Apply to become an affiliate if you love the platform
Apply to become an affiliate for Heights and you’ll receive 30% LIFETIME commissions! You can find more details here: http://www.heightsplatform.com/affiliates
- What Support Does Heights Offer?
Heights Creator, Bryan, has been extremely active in the questions/comments/forum section on the Appsumo website. Also, every query I’ve made online-resulted with an answer within 24 hours TOPS. (Yea, I ask a sh*t ton of questions LOL & I don’t always pack them neatly into one email like this post)
For specific issues, you can email Heights Support at [email protected]
OR: Check their knowledge base at heightsplatform.com/knowledgebase Watch Bryan give an in-depth walk-through here: https://youtu.be/moVgADtCRug
If you have any questions or feature requests, they are quick to respond. Honestly, this earned high praise here. Bryan’s responsiveness has been nothing short of superb and I’ve never received service like this with Teachable, Thinkific or Podia (or any other provider I’ve worked with, including ones I actively use!)
What Are Some Pros & Cons Of Heights?
- Low upfront cost, lifetime deal, no monthly fees
- Quick setup (no wasting hours upon hours on design, style or branding)
- No additional plugins = no heavy non-sense slowing down your website (looking at you woo-commerce)!
- Enhanced security
- Community features/ discussion boards/built-in forum
- No transaction fees (this is HUGE)
- Cheap video hosting
- No branding/White label branding
- Custom domain w/ FREE SSL
- fully responsive landing page banner
- Unlimited courses
- Unique “CLIMB” layout (gives a bird’s eye view on the overall course content and drag & drop rearrangement)
- The ability to bounce around between Outline, Editor, Teacher, and Student views is fantastic. You don’t have to guess what the experience is going to look like in the end as you’re designing away. #hellofrontend&backendinone.
- “Project” system
- It’s robust. With a ton of in-depth features (check them out below) you’ll easily replace other services and Heights becomes an all-in-one solution.
- Gamification. This goes a long way in learning environments!
- Membership creation: There are tons of social/community features on this platform. You can sell enrollments to your program on a subscription basis and provide unlimited discussion boards and discussion board groups for your students. Student profiles show activity and badges earned. There’s also the unique project posts feature which allows students to share what they’ve built with their new knowledge as well as comment and vote on the posts from their peers.
- Traditional UI: Although not horrible, the UI can be improved
- No examples of existing users: I was hoping to see a LIVE example and couldn’t find one. Although, Heights does say they have several clients/companies (None as large as say Apple or Google)
- Certificates: One user complained about the ability to provide certificates. Or lack thereof, I should say, without the use of a third party. However, Heights continues to HEAR customer feedback and continues to add these features and more on their roadmap. So, fingers crossed.
- Integrated quizzes (may not be a make or break it for some, BUT there IS a solution)
Using Heights “project” feature (instead of quizzes) you are asking your students to discover, learn, ACT and come back to share the progress. THIS is a much more effective strategy for testing and growing opposed to asking questions immediately after completing a lesson.
We have a vision of assessment tools that can provide something better than a standard multiple choice quiz -Heights Platform
The following are some popular choices for embedding quiz content into your lessons:
What Features Does Heights Currently Have?
- Content Editing: Built-In Editor to quickly outline and create your course content
- Payment Processing: NO TRANSACTION FEES
- Community Building: Discussion, Forums, Student-Teacher messaging, etc.
- Analytics: See how students are interacting with your course and more
- Gamification: Points system
- Integrated Marketing Tools: Landing page, testimonials & so much more
- Whitelabel Branding: Brand your courses as YOU like
See the full list here:
- Fantastic support: US Based support, seven days a week
Features to Come:
- Their public roadmap: https://trello.com/b/23bg3YzJ/heights-platform-product
If you have a specific feature request email Heights at [email protected]
Mommas, if you want to make money from teaching others what you already know, then you should seriously consider Heights. <<<That’s a list of over 30 ideas you could use to create your next course (using the knowledge you already have and are probably sharing for free!)